Above, Airshow at El Toro MCAS, California, Nov 1966.
Serial #: 41-39401
Construction #: 7114
Last info: 2002
Accepted December 1944, Markings 51C
Redesignated B-26B in 1947, markings BC401
Modified with A-26C radar pathfinder nose, 1953 Assigned: 3rd BW
/ 13th BS (Kunsan AB) Markings: "Mc" The
a/c was equipped with an experimental infrared detector for night attack, AN/AAS-1, 'Project Redbird'
John R. Moore, Los Angeles, CA, 1959-1969
- Registered as N3457G.
Flew as Whistler's Mother.
- Withdrawn from use and stored, Van Nuys, CA, 1959-1982.
Challenge Publications Inc., Canoga
Park, CA, Nov. 1982
- Registered as N39401, May 1983.
- Rebuilt Van Nuys, Ca, First Flight Aug. 18, 1983
Aeronautical Foundation, Van Nuys, Jan. 1985-1987
Weeks Air Museum, Tamiami, FL, July 21, 1987-2002
- Flown as
- Damaged in Hurrican Andrew, Aug. 24, 1992.
- Trucked to Chino, CA, 1997.
- Under restoration,