Barbel Abela owned N7079G from 1991-1992. She is the proud owner of seven "speed over distance" world records, set in her
A26 Invader by flying to places such as Cannes, Reykjavik, Helsinki and her hometown of Bremen, Germany.
Barbel holds seven Speed Records
in the Douglas A26 Invader "Bar-Belle Bomber" with the National Aeronautic Association.
SPEED OVER A RECOGNIZED COURSE CLASS C-1.H
lbs to 35,274 lbs) Piston Engine.
1. July 9th, 1992, GOOSE BAY TO REYKJAVIK
2. July 10th, 1992, REYKJAVIK TO LIVERPOOL
3. July 12th, 1992, LYDD TO CANNES
4. July 15th, 1992, CANNES TO LYDD
5. July 19th, 1992, SOUTHEND TO HELSINKI
6. July 23rd, 1992,
HELSINKI TO BREMEN
July 24th, 1992, BREMEN TO SOUTHEND
Below, Barbel Abela and Len Perry with the A26C at Oshkosh 1992