B-26 CHECK LIST - PAGE 1
Before entering airplane:
1. Check Pitot covers:
2. On each LANDING GEAR and WHEEL WELL,
Check - Tires
for blisters cuts inflation and slipping.
Oleo strut, minimum Inflation 3"
Brake Shuttle valve for looseness.
Down locks engaged.
Batteries for looseness
and junction box cover for looseness.
3. Check ballast.
4. Nose Gear same as for No. 2 except oleo strut will be minimum
5. Check Control Surfaces,
6. Check operation of Flaps.
CHECK LIST - PAGE 2
After entering airplane:
1. Check emergency Bomb Bay Air Bottle
- Minimum 1500 lbs./sq.in.
2. Cheek hydraulic Reservoir - Fully serviced.
3. Check Accumulator - minimum
300 lbs./sq. in.
4. Fuel Transfer valves and pumps - Off.
5. Fuel Valves - On and Safetied.
Switches and Cabin heat Control - Off.
7. Check emergency Brake Air bottle - Minimum 1000
lbs./sq. in. Check relief valve-- Closed.
8. Check Emergency Hydraulic Reservoir - fully serviced.
10. Have prop turned by hand 2 or 3 revolutions if not within previous hour.
CHECK LIST - PAGE 3
1. Set parking brakes -
2. Throttles - Open 1/4
3. Cowl flaps
4. Wing flaps up.
S. Landing Gear Control - down and safety latch on.
6. Superchargers - Low.
cooler shutters - Up.
8. Carburetor Air cold - Up.
9. Hydraulic pressure minimum 500 lbs./sq.
10. Booster pumps off
11. Mixture Control - Idle cut off.
12. Propeller Control - high RPM,
13. Propeller switches
- Automatic,safety on, feathering Normal.
14. Battery Switches - On except when cart in used.
Switch - On.
16. Auxiliary power plant connected into left engine.
17. Main Inverter
Switch - On.
18. Magneto Switches.- On.
19. Booster pumps - On.
20. Starter energizing Switch - On 1/2 to 1 min.,
press engaging Switch
21. Primer - On as required while engaging.
Mixture control - Auto rich after engine fires.
23. Throttle - 800 - IOO0 RPM.
CHECK LIST - PAGE 4
Warm up and Ground Check.
1. Booster pumps - Off.
2. Primers off.
2. Cowl flaps - Closed
end reopened - Visual Check.
4. Oil Shutters - Same as No. 3.
5. Radio On.
6. Vacuum Pump - 3.5 to 4.5 in. Hg., Check
left and right engine.
7. Set Gyros.
8. Auxiliary Power Plant - Off.
9. Set Altimeter.
10. Close Bomb Bay doors.
CHECK LIST - PAGE 5
Engine and Prop check before take off.
1. Set engine speed at 2000 RPM.
2. Selector Switch - Manual
and Check each Magneto separately.
3. Propeller Check - Reduce engine speed 200 RPM using decrease position of Selector
Switch then increase to 2000 RPM.
4. Check Feathering switch by
decreasing RPM, and then return to normal.
5. With Selector Switch in Automatic position decrease engine speed 200
RPM with Quadrant control, then increase to 2000 RPM in the same manner.
6. Run both engines up to 1800, Engineer
checks amps and volts for paralleling. -Generator switches On.
7. Check Engine Instruments.
Oil temp - 60 - 80 degrees.
Oil Press. - 71 - 85 lbs./Sq. in.
Fuel pressure 15-17 lbs. /sq.. in.
Cyl. Hd. Temp. 100 - 205 degrees.
CHECK LIST - PAGE 6
Before take off (Pilot answers Underlined)
1. Check flying controls for free movement.
2. Cowl flops -
3. Wing flaps - Down 1/4
to 1/2 required.
4. Remove landing gear control lack and cock safety
- Removed and locked.
6. Oil Cooler shutters -
Up - Except during cold weather.
7. Carburetor air - Up.
Hydraulic pressure - 750 - 950 lbs./sq. in.
Booster pumps -On
10. Nose and main gear
emergency control - Up.
11. Mixture Control - Auto
12. Propeller Controls - High RPM
Propeller Switches - Automatic, Safety, Normal.
Batteries - On.
15. Main Inverter - On.
16. Generator main line switches. On.
17. Fuel Supply - Adequate.
Tabs - As required.
19. Hatches - Closed and satisfied.
20. Crew - In position.
CHECK LIST - PAGE 7
After Take Off:
1. Cowl Flaps - Neutral.
2. Wing Flaps - Neutral.
gear control - Neutral.
4. Oil Shutter - Open -Neutral.
S. Carburetor Air Cold. - Neutral.
6. Booster pumps off at
CHECK LIST - PAGE 8
Before entering traffic for landing.
1. Trailing antenna and whip - In.
2. Superchargers - Low.
Mixture Control - Auto rich.
4. Booster Pumps - On.
5. Landing gear handle - Pull Up.
6. Fuel Supply - Adequate.
CHECK LlST - PAGE 9
1. Propeller Controls - 2300 RPM.
2. Landing Gear - Down and
2. Hydraulic pressure - 750 - 950 lbs./sq. in.
CHECK LIST - PAGE 10
After landing roll is completed:
1. Booster pumps - Off.
2. Propeller controls - High RPM.
Mixture Control - Auto Lean.
4. Cowl Flaps - Up.
5. Wing Flaps - Up.
6. 001 Shutters - Up
7. Carburetor Air -
CHECK LIST - PAGE 11
1. Idle - 2 min. at
500 - 1000 RPM.
2. Move mixture control to idle cut off.
3. Open throttles after engines stop firing,
4. Ignition switches and battery
stop turning over.
5. Brakes off after chocks have been placed.